Thursday, July 5, 2012

38 weeks


Wednesday, July 4th marks 38 weeks!


According to Babycenter:


Your baby has really plumped up. She weighs about 6.8 pounds and she's over 19 1/2 inches long (like a leek). She has a firm grasp, which you'll soon be able to test when you hold her hand for the first time! Her organs have matured and are ready for life outside the womb.
Wondering what color your baby's eyes will be? You may not be able to tell right away. If she's born with brown eyes, they'll likely stay brown. If she's born with steel gray or dark blue eyes, they may stay gray or blue or turn green, hazel, or brown by the time she's 9 months old. That's because a child's irises (the colored part of the eye) may gain more pigment in the months after she's born, but they usually won't get "lighter" or more blue. (Green, hazel, and brown eyes have more pigment than gray or blue eyes.)


We are getting closer and closer! I feel like I have a little camper though. I know you can't compare pregnancies with others since everyone has a different story but she seems perfectly content in her little bubble. I haven't experienced any Braxton Hicks contractions (what they called practice contractions in birthing class... I guess she doesn't feel the need to practice), I don't feel like she has dropped any, and she still shuffles around quite a bit everyday. As the time is approaching her due date, it is hard not to be anxious to meet her. What will she look like? How big will she be? Will she have any hair? Will she be a crier or happy? Will she be a sleeper? So many questions that will be answered before we know it!

Tuesday, July 3rd, we went to the doctor. We will go weekly until she makes her debut. He said I will still be  pregnant since I have not started to dilate. See I told you, happy little camper in there. I know things can change at any time but until then we are just waiting.

We also picked up our glider! Ahhhh! How cozy! This trip, like the last one to Babies R Us (BRU), made me SOOO glad that I registered at Buy Buy Baby (BBB). This story should have been included in last weeks post but I think I was so over it that I forgot, so here it is.
You see, we had been in to BRU several times to look at gliders since they have a bigger selection. We saw one we liked but decided since they gave us the option to choose different fabric, we would. They call that a special order and now I know why. The day we decided to place order (last week), I think I found the most un-knowledgeable sales associate in the entire store. He came over and just wrote down the numbers and then decided he would take the little swatches off the sign and over to their desk. He starts putting in our information and then kind of piddling on the computer looking for the chair. He finally says he is going to have to call a manager because he doesn't know for sure what to do (this is after he almost entered the wrong fabric color into the computer). While waiting on the manager, he comments that it will take 3 months to get the chair! 
Ummm, wait a minute. WHAT?!? The sign on the chair says "Get It Fast! 7-14 days". Then he proceeds to tell us that it will have to be made overseas and shipped and that the "Get It Fast" sign refers to the base model that we see in the store. After commenting out loud and in a bitchy tone how misleading that sign is and while we are waiting on the manager, Hubby and I are having our own little discussion. My side of the conversation was about how the sign was misleading and how crazy it was to wait 3 months and that they should really put that on kind of information on the sign. Hubby's side of the conversation was lots of "uh-huh" and telling me to "wait until the manager gets over there cause this guy doesn't seem to know a whole lot."  
When the manager comes, he is actually helping another lady track down something that only one store in the country has. In between doing that, he tells our guy where he needs to look to find the information for the special order. During the (at least) 5 minutes (that is not an exaggeration) that our first guy is flipping through a notebook, Hubby and I keep conversing and decide we will just order the base model. It is the same color wood we want just different fabric. Preston tells me to "let him down easy. He already seems scared." BUT before I can, the manager takes over, while still on the phone with Colorado Springs BRU for the other lady and tells our guy that "I think I just heard them page you to help check out" and sends him on his way. Before he can get too far into ordering, I butt in to ask about how long it will take to come in. He confirms that it is in fact 3 months because they mass produce a certain look/style, then take a break and work on special orders. They only ask for these special orders 4 times a year and then ship them out. 
Once that is settled, we tell him we need the chair in 3-ish weeks so we will just order what we see in store. Placing that order took about 5 minutes and then we were on our way to check out. We lucked out because the chair was on sale and we had a gift card to use too! AND, our chair would probably be there the following Wednesday (7/4).
Fast forward back to Tuesday (7/3), Hubby calls and says, "Guess who called me today?" I had been obnoxiously asking him everyday if BRU had called so I knew, well I hoped, BRU was the answer. It was! As soon as I got home from running errands (Target, Hobby Lobby, Jo-Ann and the fire station to have the car seat checked [which didn't exactly pass-- it was too wiggly and needed to be on one of the sides]), we hoped in the truck to go pick it up. We take our papers to customer service, she scans them, I sign and we wait for the boxes to be brought up. Then... we hear her stop the manager, who was the same guy we dealt with a week ago, on his way out (to what I am assuming was his smoke break or get away from these idiots break) by saying, "I don't know what to do. They said they were called to pick both of these up (the glider and ottoman) but only one is here and I have already had them sign for both and gone through the register." 

WHAT?!?! Why would one be there and not the other?? How stupid. She proceeds to tell me that one is there but not the other and it would be there the following week. She also writes on the paper to whatever fool we talk to the next time, that we can take it without signing or going through the register. Then she starts to help another couple and up comes a girl with a big box and a little box. I ask Preston, "do those not look like boxes for a glider and an ottoman?" We proceed to go out to the truck with this girl and load it up. After reading on the boxes, one says GLIDER and the other OTTOMAN. So we open the little box and sure enough there is the ottoman that supposedly wasn't there.

I go back into the store to tell the girl and she says, "are you sure?" So I said, "Well, we opened it and it appears to the ottoman but I didn't take it completely out of the box." So she calls the manager, three times to come in because she is just puzzled. When he finally came in, he asked her if that box had our name on it because he wanted to make sure we didn't take someone else's order. Of course she didn't know and neither did I. I knew the big box did. He asks where the box is and I tell him in the truck so that is where we go. He is looking for 'Preston' when I see a little label that says 'Snow'. "Well, that must be yours then." DUH. Thanks Captain Obvious. Needless to say, we finally got to take our glider home. If I never see the inside of BRU (especially this one!), that will be too soon.





We made sure to get the extra wide chair so Tobie could glide too!

Wow! That was a long story. I could have shortened that by saying
 "BRU sucks. Don't go there. :)"

Since that was soooo long, I think I will spread more week 38 excitement out into another post. So stay tuned for more! And remember..... "BRU sucks. Don't go there. :)" 

3 comments:

  1. I like your glider. Yes, anything that isn't in the store is a "special order" almost anywhere you go and takes forever. Our toddler rails were "special order" and we didn't get those until Camden was 6 months. Oh did I say those? Yes, we got two. Because the same thing happened to us that happened to you. So we walked away with two conversion toddler rails. No idea what we will do with that...maybe Craigslist??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whoa,,,,Hold on,,,When God says KINLEY its time to face the world and let all those (Me Included) see your lovely face and beautiful little hands and feet,,then it will be time for you daughter to present herself, SOOOOOO,,Monny and Daddy just cool your heels, for only God knows when its time. love fromand old man,, by the way Kinley's room is getting smaller every truck load you keep hauling in the house, thats alaugh kids Love Pa

    ReplyDelete
  3. 62 years, you both will be youngeters in love! I pray Kay and I will make it 24 more, which will put us at 62 and still in love!

    ReplyDelete